Unsaid words
You know how it feels when you have so many things going on in your life with no one to share them with? It can really be tiring and frustrating because you take so much in, tolerate a lot, endure and suffer many hardships all on your own. It almost feels like you’re carrying the whole world on your shoulders and at this point the end can't come any sooner.You feel so hurt and wounded inside and you prefer to keep it that way because your silence is loud enough. Having these feelings cloud your thinking may be disheartening but in a weird way satisfying. I mean, it’s not like anyone would really care about you or what you’re going through because everyone has his/her own burdens. So why bother another person with yours when you can feel it yourself?
You may be surprised but that’s how I’ve been feeling for a while now. I’ve been feeling alone despite the fact that I do have friends and acquaintances I talk to on daily basis. I guess it’s because I’m conscious of who I give access to my life. Compared to the previous years in my life, this has changed as I now try to talk to a few people and open up about how I really feel, but deep down, I still feel hurt and I don’t even know why ( Oh, I guess I do).
To my fellow silent people who do not speak up on what they go through or how they feel, it’s high time we reached out to people. I know it may be difficult to trust people especially if you’re like me who has trust issues, but you’ll feel better if you reach out to people. Part of your problems would be solved by merely sharing them with confidants.
It really is hard opening up to people because you don't know the real friends.
ReplyDeleteHow do you know who to open up to??
ReplyDeleteBottling up how you really feel about a particular situation or challenge you might be facing isn't the best thing to do... Share them with people you can trust!! That'd be a good relief & support system.
ReplyDeletegood write up, a problem shared is half solve but be careful who u share u feelings with .
DeleteHow do I get in touch with confidants?
ReplyDeleteI really need one now
Hmmmmm this is a deep one Nne
ReplyDeleteTrue!! Like they say, a shared is half solved. But the real question is whom do you trust enough to share them with. Remember we all have frenemies around us. I just feel that if you've gotten to the stage when you now communicate with the Holy spirit regular, he's the best person to share our innermost thoughts/problems with. Thanks for this beautiful piece, God bless you.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing read Ella😍! it's so hard to open up, I pray God help us.
ReplyDelete"comme ci, comme ca". Though it might be difficult to find trustworthy confidants, it is still wise to search and "prove" diligently before sharing because in the multitude of counselors, there is safety. In addition, we have open invitation from our Heavenly Father to discuss and share all issues - prayer time is not meant to be solely for petitions. Finally, self reflection also has some benefits. Thanks
ReplyDelete