True Love Story

 Two days ago, I went out for CDs and an appointment with a doctor. In case you don’t know what CDs is, it is a Community Development Service Corp members involve in weekly and mine is usually on Wednesdays. I remember I carried my book and pen( if you know me very well, I never go out without these two) and used my pen to write attendance for CDs in my NYSC Local Government. After using the pen, I dropped it back in my bag (or so I thought) and left the office. I did not want to lose the pen, but that was in vain.

Few hours later, I got home and wanted to write and suddenly discovered my pen was gone. I was so sure I returned it to my bag after using it, but it was nowhere to be found. I became agitated because I cherished that pen so much. I’d rather my glasses gets missing than my pen so you could imagine. I left what I was doing and began to look for the pen. It was so sad that I couldn’t see the pen or use it anymore. 

I know what you’re thinking. “Why not buy another pen”, right? You know, it’s not as easy as it may sound. It’ll be weird to just move on and get a replacement when I lose something. I eventually found the pen yesterday when I least expected it.

You know, this ‘love’ I have for this particular pen is likened to that Christ has for us. Christ loves everyone of us in a very special way, far beyond the love I have for the pen. When we go astray, He doesn’t just let go and move on, rather, He continues to hold us close and draws us to Himself. If Christ quickly gives up on us, what hope do we have? 

He so loved is that He was willing to be crucified for our sins even in His sinless nature. He loves us still. Despite our constant affair with sin, he still reaches out to us with a never ending love. If this isn’t a true love story, I don’t know what it is.

Therefore, this Easter, I want you to reflect on this love and find out ways to reciprocate it. There’s nothing more hurtful than a one-sided love. Christ loves you. It’s time to genuinely love Him right back.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very timely, thanks for sharing ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Very well said. Truly, Jesus loves me, I cannot say why but at least I must reciprocate this everlasting "excess" love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Youthful Lust

Garment of praise for heaviness

Tit for tat?