Take a Break!

 

For a long period of time now, I've been battling with serious migraine.

I'm over-zealous by nature. People who know me say I take life too seriously. One aspect of my life I carry on my head is my academics, I try to give it my best shot. I go all the way when I'm doing anything at all so I could get a good result. I could stay on an empty stomach and deprive myself of sleep and comfort until I get a task done.

Last year December, I came home for Christmas break, but I didn’t take a break. Either I was on one work or the other on my laptop or studying materials. I would wake up in the morning and the first thing I’d do (after praying sha) is to turn on my laptop and continue from where I stopped. Most times I don't even bother eating until I’m done with the project at hand. I spent several hours in front of the screen doing mental work so it’s no surprise I started battling with severe headache daily.


The recurrent headache didn't stop me from doing my work the next day and the day after that until the days passed by. The height of it was 2 days ago, on Sunday morning. As I woke up, I felt like they were pounding yam on my head, you know that kind of pain that makes you feel like you'll slump at any moment, it was that kind of headache. I don't think I've ever felt like that in my life. Throughout the service, I felt really sick. I complained to my mum and she told me to eat and sleep, that I need to take a break as all the mental stress is telling on me. I did, the headache reduced after some hours and I am fine.

During the service I made a decision to take a 2 weeks break from school work, I would take care of myself so I could be fine again. I did some introspection and realized that I always give much attention to school work but little to myself and it's detrimental. Like I could feel really tired and ill and I would still go ahead to face school work and I don't think it's a good thing. I realized that my health is as important as my studies. 

Your health is as important as the bag you’re chasing. In fact, it is most important because good health facilitates good achievements. Don't focus on your career, academics, business to the extent that you neglect your health. As much as you want to be an achiever, your health is not the price to pay for it, remember the famous saying “health is wealth”.

When you’re working, try to take breaks. Eat, take a nap, laugh at funny stuff, surf the net, go out; basically just let down your hair. Take responsibility for your wellbeing because whatever heights you attain if you cannot enjoy it, wetin you gain.

Have you been over stressing yourself like me? It's high time you took a break. Remember this life na one.  Pause for some time and be pay close attention to your wellbeing.

It's time to take a break!




Comments

  1. Wow lovely, we all do need this especially in times like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. True we all need to take a break dis was a really good one������

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow piece of advice dumbie keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one dear. We all need to apply this life saver on regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this wonderful article.. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one, thanks for the reminder ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. On point. This could help solve some health challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Very very true. This applies to everyone everywhere. May God help us to apply wisdom for gain. Thank you for teaching us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Youthful Lust

Garment of praise for heaviness

Tit for tat?