Love Not
I'm sure you already think this topic isn't correct, but it is. I didn't make a mistake when I picked it. You might be wondering what I want to write about because love is obviously the most important commandment God gave to us( Matthew 22: 37-40), but there is also another delicate part of us in our relationship with God and that is to love not.
In this context, I don't mean you shouldn't love people (your enemies, ungodly people), but that you should not love the world. What does it mean to love the world then? Simply put, it means to love the things that happen in the world - the earthly pleasures, immorality and social vices. In First John 2:15, God instructs us not to love the world, the wrong things that happen in there because if we do, it explains that we do not love God our creator.
We Christians should obey this because it makes us grow in our daily lives as Christians. It pains me the most when some 'believers' who claim they have surrendered everything to God and have chosen to follow him still engage in worldly things or even desire things of the world. You may see some of them wishing to be like the secular super stars neglecting the fact that most of them don't have the attributes of Christ in them. They may even go as far as studying the daily routine of those super stars while still attempting to do the will of the Lord. Most of them want to please their friends not realizing that their salvation is at stake. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean you shouldn't have role models in this contemporary world, those models whatsoever should not make you fall in love with the world.
I love The Passion Translation's version of James 4:4 so much. It says:"You have become spiritual adulterers who are having an affair, an unholy relationship with the world. Don’t you know that flirting with the world’s values places you at odds with God? Whoever chooses to be the world’s friend makes himself God’s enemy!". This simply means that you cannot serve two masters - the world and the Lord. We should learn how to prioritize things in our lives and choose what is important which is an intimate and profound love for God and the things of the Lord. As we do so, we will enjoy the benefits.
Music Suggestion:
Refiner's Fire by Maverick City


This is powerful. May God help us all. And give us the grace to do what is right.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you for this write up.π
Hmmm word
ReplyDeleteThis is really good....
ReplyDeleteThis is really good. Well done. I pray God helps us all.
ReplyDeleteAmen oπ
DeleteLove love thisss!
ReplyDeleteYou're the best!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing well dear.
ReplyDeleteWeldone
ReplyDeleteWordπͺ
ReplyDeleteThanks for this reminder. God bless. π
ReplyDeleteThank you for this❤
ReplyDeleteWeldone baby girl ��
ReplyDeleteMay God give us the grace...
ReplyDeleteI've learnt a lot from you. Thanks
ReplyDelete