Garment of praise for heaviness


Something happened some days back - the results of an exam I wrote several months ago came out and I was short of words. My emotions were mixed -not happy, not sad, but something in between. What I got was totally different from what I expected - I expected grades extremely higher, but what I saw was ‘low’ in my eyes. Not necessarily low, but I wasn’t content with what I saw. When I did a rundown of all the grades, I had nothing to say than ‘thank you Jesus’. Some things that would have drastically tarnished my career  lifted me up. I saw ‘A’ in those courses. My joy knew no bounds because I remembered the battle I had with God to give me an ‘A’ or nothing else. I prayed earnestly especially for those courses and I had a pleasant and delightful surprise. My mood changed again. I mean, the devil was in action. He took my mind straight to the course I wasn’t happy with and all I could feel for approximately the next 30 minutes was sorrow. I lamented severely, spoke to my parents and some  friends about how I felt and then I remembered how God put his songs on my lips in the rest of the result. 

Even if that course 'spoilt' my expected grades, I was thankful. The thoughts of how good and merciful God is to me filled my heart with joy, so instead of me to weep like every human being in my situation would do, I was joyous and I don’t know why. Thoughts of how tough the semester was ran through my mind and all I could feel was gratitude. With the numerous responsibilities laid on me, God sustained me. He didn’t allow me to weep or gnash my teeth. My grades did not suffer because of all I went through, neither did my health. I remembered when I had a terrible incidence with my eyes (I use recommended glasses and when I woke up one day, something strange happened to my eyes that required an ophthalmologist cutting off skin from beneath it), but I didn’t lose my sight. I didn't lose anything good. “What more  should I wait for in order  to thank God”, I asked myself inwardly. The battle in my mind was very serious, but I regained myself and my inner joy because I was able to attack the Devil and the self pity he wanted me to feel. 
I urge you all that in times when things go difficult or go against what you plan, always know that God is still worthy to be praised. You may not understand what I’m trying to say, but just look around you. You’re alive, in good health, free from the terrors of the enemy, free from the kingdom of darkness, not in bondage and calamity; what more are you waiting for in order to thank God? Revelations 12:11 says “they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the words of their testimonies”. When the devil tries to throw his fiery darts of discouragement, sorrow and even pain, combat him with testimonies of the good works of God in your life. No matter how bad a situation may seem,there must be more than one reason to thank God and you should. 

Comments

  1. This is a lovely write-up. With this I can see better aspects of life rather than dwelling on things that I'm not meant to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😒😒😒😒😒

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really wonderful write up, i feel more indebted to God now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and and worth reading. . All I can say now is THANK YOU LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has just given me hope. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it so much. God gat u dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its pretty much very difficult humanly speaking to damn every situation that sorrounds one's life; but with God involved, its better to damn that situation and say thanks to God. So many others are in much worse situations.

    Good one sweets.πŸ‘ keep it upπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™....thank you so much for this

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was inspirationalπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really lovely and uplifting

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really encouraging. It's an encouragement for me. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good and encouraging to some persons out there who had given up already.. Nice write-up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely an encouragement to me and to other peopleπŸ“Œ...God bless you for writing thisπŸ˜’πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm personally touched by this message. In fact its what I need right now. Thank u and thank God

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good one. Am blessed by your write up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is uplifting and edifying. Our ability to give God an in-the-midst thanks makes us better and stronger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Youthful Lust

Tit for tat?